Wednesday 23 July 2014

Awful commitment to blogging

Hi. It’s been a while since I’ve written anything adequate on this blog, or anywhere really, but just to let you know…I’m still alive.

There really isn’t an excuse for being away for so long, but I guess that I should give some sort of an update. I’ve been busy doing nothing for the past month. Literally. After saying goodbye to all my friends and school, I decided to focus on my entry for the Julia Wood prize which is a history essay competition held by Oxford University. The topic I chose was the French Revolution since I had studied it this year, but then I decided to withdraw a week before the essay was due. I thought to myself that if I was going to take part in a competition, it should ultimately be fun. This wasn’t working with me, as I became too stressed and the thought of Oxford academics reading my work really really freaked me out. It would have been a great opportunity but I’d rather have fun doing something I enjoy, than to do it and stress out. Plus, it isn't the end of the world. There are many other things I can do that will showcase my passion for History - not a mere competition.

Another thing that’s kept me occupied this month was Ramadan, which is a month of fasting observed by Muslims. I’ll write a post about my experiences during Ramadan soon, so stick out for that!

I was planning on writing a blog post recently about a topic no doubt has attracted a lot of attention over the past month, and that is Palestine. Like many other people, this ongoing problem has both infuriated and disgusted me, not least to mention the continuous biased reporting of innumerable media outlets. I soon realised that what I had written was in essence, a massive rant and although I won’t change my position on the issue, I feel the need to read upon the history of the current problem. I feel the need to read the origins of the problem before I made any judgments. However, I firmly believe that Israel is in fact occupied Palestinian territory and should be held accountable for it’s inexcusable war crimes. I think that this statement alone directly conveys my viewpoint; hence I’ll stop talking about this here before I explode into rant #365 (see my twitter feed).

I have a few posts coming up soon which should hopefully keep me going over the next few weeks, so I hope to bring this long lost blog at the forefront of your bloglovin feeds!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read comments and I'll get back to them all soon enough, so thank you! x