Thursday 29 August 2013

Howdy!

Providing information about myself is probably the only element I refrain from; but in order to provide a fraction of justice to the moonstruck province of Internet blogging, I'm willing to succumb. 

To kick things off, I'm a spontaneous perfectionist.

I’m Rahma. Just Rahma…not Rahman (why do people think this, it’s a guys name!). And also, the ‘h’ in my name is pronounced, never silent. It’s situated there with a purpose, so it would make sense to fulfill this. I have undergone some years of grief with people mispronouncing my name, so to clear any confusions, that’s how you pronounce it. I’m 17 so technically still a teenager, but I must say I still do get choked up with tears after watching an episode of Tracy Beaker, and endless laughter with what I think are great jokes from Horrible Histories (they are amazing and you know it).
Yep thats me! As you may guess, I'm a British Somalian which is fairly obvious. Born and bred a North Londoner, I'm also Muslim. I do have some strong opinions about religion in general but I'd rather not start a whirl winding debate about it. I'm currently in my last EVER year at school (Year 13, studying A2 Levels) and I'm embarking on a gap year before I apply to university to read History.

Apart from all that, I LOVE TENNIS! It’s by far the best sport on the planet and my favourite tennis 
player?Nadal. He’s remarkable. Great great tennis player. Amongst the greats of tennis history, I mean c’mon he won the French Open 8 times?! Who can beat that? Now my love of tennis is rooted back from my childhood days, it used to be a daddy and daughter sort of thing, watching it together, allowing the rivalry to gain momentum. So I started watching tennis when I was 6 and started playing when I was 8. I still remember Sharapova winning Wimbledon when she was just 17!

Other things I enjoy are languages (I'm trilingual atm and I aim to learn 10 languages- crazy right?), reading- mainly war poetry or anything relating to conflict. I despise feminist literature; I mean I'd rather learn how to execute a top-notch sandwich rather than reading anything feminist. It's incredibly depressing. Unlike any other 'average' teen, I'm a lover of ballet and opera. I relish the sounds of an orchestra and I'd LOVE to learn how to play the piano, cello, violin, double bass, harp and the clarinet. An unashamed superfan of Coldplay and Bon Jovi (there really isn't anything to be ashamed about lovin' these two), life without music would be rather dull and fruitless.

Amongst my idols are Martin Luther King and Eglantyne Jebb. Both devoted to a cause they were so passionate about, the one lesson derived from their tiresome dedication is never to give up on something you truly believe, however long it takes you to actually achieve that dream. I find that particularly inspirational, knowing that there's always a bright light right at the end of a dark tunnel and never to give into the obstacles you may face. Everyone has dreams; but there's a difference between those who lie in their beds all night thinking about all that they could do, and those who wake up, get up and start doing things so that they can actually LIVE that dream.

I didn't really start this blog with some sort of 'goal' or 'target'. I enjoy writing so after ahhing and thinking about it, I thought 'why not'? So I'll be writing anything from politics, book reviews to tips on organisation and revision etc. I'm also going to be writing about how amazing Horrible Histories is. If there is anything you want me to write about in particular, feel free to leave me a comment below! A reply is pretty much guaranteed.

Adios xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read comments and I'll get back to them all soon enough, so thank you! x