Saturday 7 September 2013

September Resolutions...

Well back to school it is, and below is a perfect replicate of how I look every morning:


Another year of craziness, procrastination, running for the bus and subsequently missing it (bus drivers really do hate me) and spontaneous hilarity. But since it's also the first month back, it's a great time to set yourself some targets for the year (or resolutions even) to give yourself a boost of confidence to dispel all those looming clouds of laziness away.

1. STOP procrastinating.


My procrastinating levels are downright delirious. It’s so BAD. Everytime I sit down to do some decent revision, 90% of the time I’m procrastinating. It really is a thief of time. So my target for this is not to procrastinate much- or to stop it completely if I can. Waaaay easier said than done! This does seem like a ridiculous expectation right now, but never say never (NO! There isn’t a Justin Bieber intended pun here…just no).

2. Be Healthy!

As much as I hate to admit it, I snack a lot. But I’m slowing becoming put off by crisps and chocolate (they remind me of my crazy revision moments right before exams start). I’ll try some fruit this time round; so more oranges, apples and cherries. Oh I just adore cherries. Also, both grapes and bananas help with concentration levels immensely so I need to stock up fast!

3. Take time off studying.

For all those who know me well enough, I am one study freak. Yep, those exact words. I don’t there’s a day that goes past in the whole academic year that I don’t study for at least one hour. The only day I can remember I did no revision at all was my birthday. I think you get the message…I have no social life. A-LEVELS CORRUPTED MY SOCIAL LIFE! That does make me sound like an emo.

But I’m not one…promise! *insert innocent face*

So this year, I will TRY to take some time off studying. Maybe making an effort to attend parties rather than saying “Sorry, I’m doing my science coursework so I can’t attend” or “OMG I’ve got so much revision to do!” .But I obviously won’t get carried away with all this shizz…studying will still be my priority. I just think that I need to vastly improve my work-life balance.

4. Planning my gap year.

Since I got back, everyone in the world has been asking me why I’d decided to embark on a gap year, and when I told them the most common reply was “Your English grade isn’t even that bad!?” *insert the boisterous voice of Patti Stanger* Are you kidding me? Not bad??? It was the worse grade I’ve ever seen in my entire life…which at the time was quite hard to take in since I’m pretty used to seeing pleasant grades. Days after results day I was pretty depressed. I was meant to celebrate the fact that I did well in three of my other subjects…but English just pulled me down.
Yaah. But I’m really looking forward to my gap year! Some of the stuff I plan to do include: the Julia Wood essay competition, DofE award, learning new languages, EY scholarship and going abroad. Work and internships are also inserted into the equation. And apply to university of course, hopefully my dream university. I need to stop dreaming so much, it’s pathetic. I always get over excited.

5. ENJOY MY LAST EVER YEAR AT SCHOOL.  


It’s finally come, but rather quick. This time next year I won’t be a schoolgirl anymore which makes me feel quite old. I’ll be an adult so no more Tracy Beaker or Hotel Trubble…or that’ll just be weird. But I’m still permitted to run for the swings at the park, it really isn’t against the law. Alongside working my absolute hardest, I will really relish the last few months I’ll be staying with my friends. All our craziness and laughter, awkward dancing and horrendous singing, it really does seem to me right now that Year 13 will be a YOLO, carpe diem kind of an experience. Before you know, we’ll all become ‘Class of 2014’ and fall into the school’s alumni, show off our leavers’ hoddies and the last ever time I’ll be in an all-girls environment. For those who don’t know, I go to an all-girls independent school. Not as fancy as you may think, and DEFINITELY NOT like Eton at all…no no no.

So there you have it. Those are my big fat five September resolutions and I'm ready to accomplish them all!

Hopefully, next year should entail scenes of euphoria like this:

Go Gryffindor!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your gap year, it looks like you've got a ton of great things lined up Rahma!

    And YES, ending procrastination is on my to-do list this year too haha.

    Ps. I hope you don't mind me asking, but what did you get for english AS?

    Because I was reading your last book review on here, and honestly, I'd say that was an A grade essay. So I'm surprised that you didn't get it? (Sorry for being a nosy parker lol) ;)

    A Chic Lifestyle - Mentoring Female Students to Think and Achieve BIG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you too! :D

      Yay, that deserves a cyber high-five!

      I got a D.I know right...a disgusting D. I couldn't believe it if I'm perfectly honest. I was pretty confident in the exam too, but I think that there's three possible reasons as to why I did horrendously:

      1) Marking error
      2) Wrong exam technique
      3) Maybe I didn't answer the questions at all...this is a problem I was having last year actually.

      It's bizarre because I gave in two essays a week before the exam and my teacher said that I would do really well...she wasn't the best of teachers though :( This is why I can't really apply to uni this year...because I want to take History degree so English would be the second most important subject. Its not all about applying to Oxbridge either, it really wouldn't look great AT ALL.

      Apologies for the sob story :D

      Delete

I always read comments and I'll get back to them all soon enough, so thank you! x