Friday 4 October 2013

Visiting Royal Holloway

Back in June just after the completion of my exams, I attended the open day of Royal Holloway university in Surrey (just 40 minutes on the train from Waterloo) . Below are some of the pictures that I took of the amazing day and after visiting and finding out the Founders will be my accommodation, I'm definitely applying! 



Royal Holloway Chapel.



Statue of Queen Victoria, who opened the building.




View from the Dining Hall balcony.



Founders Building


I spent most of the day at the Picture Gallery (forgot to take a picture of that guys, sorry!) where most of the Arts and Humanities talks were held. After that, I took a trip to the McCrea building to find out more about the Classics and History course offered at the university. Some of the aspects which captured my interest was the fact that it isn't far from London (but the train tickets it too expensive!), the fact that you can walk on the grass (I know that's weird but you may know where I'm coming from) and the stunning scenery. They even have a Harry Potter society LIKE OMG! But apart from all that, the university has a great reputation for History- and even has a year abroad option where to you travel to either travel to Europe or Oceania, which is obviously great. Taking all these factors into consideration, I've decided that Royal Holloway will be one of my five university choices. It really wasn't hard at all, my first glimpse of Founders really cemented my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read comments and I'll get back to them all soon enough, so thank you! x