Thursday 19 December 2013

Be Inspired

Watching BBC’s Sport Personality of the Year only meant one thing for me, inspiration. Seeing the achievements of both sportsmen and women recognised is one thing, but to inspire is something of greater value.


Below is the moment that clinched Andy Murray the most coveted prize this year:


One of the most astounding features of sport is its ability to bring everyone together, to rejoice both the good and bad, but most of all, the accomplishment of dreams. I think that being able to recognise that is a respectable thing, but taking a vital lesson from it is even more virtuous. Hard work is definitely on the cards. Like a 100m sprint – you don’t win by training the night before the race, but rather by devoting hours and hours for months leading up to the big day. Before you know it, you will be able to compete in that race with confidence and eventually- maybe win. This is a lesson of life rather than a sport one. Hard work pays dividends and sport is solitary proof of that. 

If  you're interested in watching the ceremony, click here (only avaliable on iPlayer until Sunday).

2 comments:

  1. I'm not hugely into sports, but I do watch Wimbledon every year & I watched the awards the other week and I was so pleased that Andy won. Hard work absolutely does pay off, it's a good thing to remember constantly I think <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! That's probably one of the main reasons why I love sport. <3

    ReplyDelete

I always read comments and I'll get back to them all soon enough, so thank you! x