Sunday 29 December 2013

The 2013 Playlist

Music has been pretty interesting as far as 2013 is concerned. I have quite a varied music taste, anything from country to electro-pop will suit me fine. I also have quite a thing with opera. I can honestly sit down and listen to it for hours (not that it features in this playlist). Here’s some my favourite albums/singles of the year!

Justin Timberlake – The 20/20 Experience


This needs no introduction at all. All I can say is that it was the perfect comeback for Justin.

Taylor Swift – Red


Again, I’m a big fan of Taylor! With this album, I somehow felt that it’s quite grown up and mature, in a way. I mean, it’s much different from Fearless.However, I just think that her "you've ruined my heart...I hate you now" kind of songs are getting quite tiresome, so I'm hoping that there'll some new singles in the coming year not dealing with this theme.

Ellie Goulding – Halcyon


OMG PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT.

Bastille - Pompeii  


I haven't listened to songs like this before, so coming across this was a 'trial and error' type thing. Looks like I didn't waste three odd minutes.

The Heavy - Short Change Hero


This song was actually recommended by my friend, and I must say, it's quite a tune. Pretty laid back from the usual pop, so much that it's a great tune to listen to whilst revising!

Blake Lewis – Your Touch


This song actually featured in an Internet Explorer advert and I really really liked it. It's quite amusing that IE choose great songs for their adverts, yet their browser is far from satisfying. Hmmmmm.


John Newman – Tribute


I absolutely love his style! His most popular song 'Love Me Again' is quite relevant to The Great Gatsby...extremely relevant in fact!

Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto


Last, but definitely not least. Another astounding album. Viva Coldplay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read comments and I'll get back to them all soon enough, so thank you! x