Saturday 7 December 2013

Must Stop Procrastinating.

The one thing I’m always guilty about is procrastinating – particularly when I’m painfully suffering through an essay crisis. Although it may seem like a mini break (and by mini I mean every 5 minutes) in between tasks, I end up producing pieces of work that doesn’t reflect my capabilities – which obviously isn’t great.


Since one of my September Resolutions was to get rid of procrastination completely, below are some of the steps I’m taking to help myself achieve this ridiculously insane target!

1.       Write down a list of assignments that I need to complete.

So these can be essays (90% of the time), textbook notes, annotating articles and making presentations. A typical example would be: complete chapter two annotations for The Great Gatsby, make notes on viruses in Biology, complete a past paper for History etc.

2.       Prioritise!

Do the most important and huge tasks first, then focus on the little ones. This way, more time will be devoted to pieces of coursework that will contribute to my final grade.

3.       Have focused revision sessions rather than long tiring ones.

I’ve decided to create a timetable comprising of 30 minute slots with 5 minute gaps in between. This way, as well as being focused, my mind will be refreshed allowing me to absorb more information efficiently rather than doing one hour and gaining nothing. Another thing, actually following my timetable.

4.       Find an accountability partner and report progress weekly.

Although doing certain tasks individually can be beneficial, I find that undertaking things like studying collaboratively can be a huge thumbs up.

5.       Reward myself after a day’s hard work.

Yeah…I need to start doing this.

6.       Remember, short term sacrifices for long term gains!


If I’m going to have any hope of applying to my dream university next year, one thing that I will undoubtedly need is kick-ass results. The only way I can get that is by working really hard – which means NO procrastination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read comments and I'll get back to them all soon enough, so thank you! x